Enhanced updater experience coming soon
Updater to release a new experience to automate and simplify the move-in process for multifamily residents and onsite teams
Over the last 10 months, the Updater team has been working on bold new automation features for the multifamily industry. We have dedicated over 75 product and engineering professionals to this priority project: Updater 2.0 for multifamily. The new experience will be released in the Spring across iOS, Android and web, and will include a completely new look and feel for both residents and onsite teams.
At the helm of this massive update is our new Chief Product Officer, Josh Abrams, who joined the company in May 2021 after spending 20 years building some of the most iconic tech companies in the world, like WeWork, DoorDash and PayPal. Abrams transformed each of those businesses by designing and building durable products that resonated with partners and consumers alike.
Since Abrams joined the team, Updater has welcomed over 100 new employees to the team including product managers, designers, and engineers; many of whom share his deep foundations in technology, including Ulrik Hogrebe, Elaine Messe and Leigh Cohen.
Updater 2.0, includes bold new features for multifamily
Here’s what to expect:
New Look: Beautiful and modern look-and-feel that residents will love
New Apps: Updater is available as an iOS and Android app, as well as on web
Systems Integrations: Seamless data flow to automatically sync Updater with your core property management software providers such as Yardi, Entrata, Realpage, and others
Easy Customization: The Updater experience is fully configurable, down to the specific property, unit and resident via our easy to use configuration dashboard for onsite teams
Preferred Providers: Residents clearly see each property’s preferred providers for internet, renter’s insurance and more, and engage with a fully-integrated, modern purchasing experience
Provider Integrations: Deep software integrations with hundreds of service providers across the country (from utility companies to cable companies) that make it seamless for residents to complete moving tasks within the Updater experience, and ensure proper tracking and attribution
Enhanced Reporting: Advanced reporting for corporate and onsite teams, including access to real-time move-in readiness tracking for each property, building, unit and resident
Seamless communications: Communicate with new residents throughout the move-in process and follow up on incomplete tasks directly through the platform
Comprehensive moving experience: Seamlessly automate all key move-in tasks for a new resident using our industry-leading marketplace technology; residents can efficiently:
- Shop for and secure a renters insurance policy that meets property requirements for move-in day
- Secure proof of Utilities: electric, gas and water services
- Compare, purchase and install TV and internet packages
- Register a pet, with functionality for property onsite staff to approve or deny the request
- Register a car for parking, with functionality for the property onsite staff to grant access
- Pay move-in fees as specified by building
- Forward mail and update driver’s license
- Compare and reserve moving companies nationwide
- Book on-demand local delivery help for:
- Small moves or labor only
- Donation pick up and drop off
- Load and unload help for storage unit in one trip
- Haul away, junk or trash removal
- Item assembly
- Schedule same-day delivery from big box retailers including companies like Costco, Lowe’s and The Container Store
- Claim exclusive discounts from a variety of big-box retailers like Bed Bath & Beyond, Overstock, and more
The new Updater experience is set to release this spring and will be available as a free upgrade for all property management partners. In the coming weeks, multifamily partners can schedule time with our team to configure their upgrade and unlock exciting new features for residents and onsite staff. We look forward to sharing more soon!