Vote for Updater for the 2017 AMSA Summit Award
It’s that special time of year again – the time during which the suppliers who work so hard to provide the moving and storage industry with valuable services and solutions vie for the prestigious AMSA Summit Award.
And, as we try to win the hearts (and nominations) of our clients, partners, and friends for our first AMSA Summit Award, let us remind you why we believe we’re deserving of your nomination.
In October of 2017, Updater completed its acquisition of IGC Software (IGC) and Asset Controls Inc. (ACI), two providers of the moving industry’s most widely-used software products. IGC and ACI now operate as MoveHQ, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Updater. Brian Ferguson and Joe Bippen are now Co-Presidents of MoveHQ, and we’re beyond thrilled to have them and the entire MoveHQ team join team Updater.
Together, MoveHQ and Updater will bring unprecedented transparency to the moving process for consumers and a more compelling and complete portfolio of products to moving companies.
While the acquisition was huge news heard around the industry, we’ve been hard at work all year driving the industry forward in many additional ways:
- We released cutting-edge content, including:
- Our latest eBook, How to Recruit Moving Truck Drivers — The Ultimate Guide, to help the industry address specific driver recruiting and retention pain points.
- “Blogging 101: How to: attract readers and win customers,” a live webinar for moving companies on why you should blog, how to launch it, and what you should blog about. You can view the presentation here.
- Marketing trends all movers need to master in 2018, in an effort to prepare the industry for the fast-moving changes that are coming our way.
- Top moving company website designs, featuring 13 of our favorite websites to inspire you for 2018.
- A definition of “ReloTech” as technology built specifically for the relocation industry.
- SEO for moving companies: your quick and dirty guide, a comprehensive guide to what SEO means, how to not be completely overwhelmed by it, and more.
- A logical argument behind Why moving companies need a charitable partner – because it’s good for business.
- We launched a new initiative to help consumers differentiate between highly-reputable moving companies and rogue movers nationwide. Our Updater Certified Moving Companies badge of honor is now coveted industry-wide, and moving companies who attain Updater Certified Moving Company status are featured on our Find A Moving Company tool. “Find A Certified Moving Company” launched during the summer of 2017 and is available to the public. Updater Certified Moving Companies also received a marketing kit to be able to market our partnership effectively.
- We launched a strategic partnership with National Van Lines to simplify moving headaches for the approximately 15,000 interstate families National Van Lines will move in 2017.
- We launched new tools to make Updater easier than ever to implement at your moving company. Here are a few moving company leaders you may know discussing how easy it actually was to launch because of these improvements.
- The “Best Booth” award at AMSA’s 2017 Education Conference & Expo went to Updater, demonstrating our attention to detail, fun, and branding at the industry’s most widely-attended trade show. Pics here.
- Already a Move for Hunger board member, Our Marketing Director, Jenna Weinerman, was named an Officer in AMSA’s 40Below, the industry’s official young professionals group.
The Summit Award recognizes outstanding performance among our industry’s suppliers and honors the supplier who has demonstrated the highest levels of integrity and service in supplying and promoting the industry.
If you love Updater, we’d love your vote. Thank you!
Oh, and if you’re feeling nostalgic, here’s a flashback to last year’s “campaign.” We may not have won, but we did have fun!